Sunday, March 21, 2010

Songs about killing your children!

So Mr. D has been telling me for weeks people are upset because The Decemberists song "The Rake's Song" is being played in the radio. I usually don't listen to the radio as my CD player plays MP3's. So I decide to find out what all the fuss was about. Here's the song.



I guess everyone's mad that the song is happy? Maybe he was forced into marriage. Maybe his told his wife before they married he didn't want any children and she didn't listen. Maybe he was always crazy and his wife should have realized that before she married him. Maybe we are all spending too much time and energy thinking about if this song should be on the radio or not. Perhaps if you don't like the song when it come on simply change the station or start listening to your Maroon 5 CD. I like the song, and I like the Decemberists. When Mr. D first told me about the hoopla I immediately remembered this awesome song by The Violent Femmes


The only difference is one Dad is remorseful and the other one is not. Meh...they are both good songs, give them a listen and then go back to your regularly scheduled program.

Also if you can think of other songs about killing your children let me know...

No comments: